cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32mp157a-dk2, Qt application crashes with a “Segmentation Fault�? when screen touched multiple times in quick succession.

JSpra
Associate III

Hi Guys,

I’m having an issue connecting a touch screen to stm32mp157a-dk2. My Qt application crashes with a “Segmentation Fault�? when I touch the screen multiple times in quick succession.

Has anyone else reported this problem before?

Here is my setup:

·        stm32mp157a-dk2 with sample LCD/Touch disconnected.

·        7�? newhaven display connected using HMDI and usb (should be multitouch, have yet to confirm)

·        st-example-image-qt image.

·        EDT FocalTech FT5x06 I2C Touchscreen support, disabled (driver disabled from kernel driver config.)

·        Goodix I2C touchscreen driver, disabled.

·        USB Touchscreen Driver=>GeneralTouch Touchscreen device support enabled.

·        Application is a Qt application with nothing more than just QApplication running, no other widgets.

I have found some reference to this same issue in Qt’s bug tracking, said issue resolved in Qt 5.12.5. I have upgraded the Qt layer from 5.11.? to 5.12.8, however, this did not fix the problem.

Also, the sample display that comes with the kit does not have this problem.

Would appreciate some advice, for now I’m stuck.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JSpra​ 

Sorry I'm afraid we cannot help much on such application and issue.

I advise you to contact Qt or Newhaven for further support.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.