cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My board burnt or something else?

SSone.1
Associate III

While trying to read ADC value over voltage divider I accidentally connected not divided voltage to ADC pin. That was about 10V and with burnt smell I promptly intervene and cut the connection. The board was hot but I could touch it. After that I put the ADC pin to true node of voltage divider this time. The program that already flashed, read that value and sent it over UART to computer. There was no problem until few-ten seconds. MCU stopped sending values or maybe reading ADC values. When try to flash another code to test what's wrong, I got error that saying: Flast Timeout. Reset the target and try it again. This is the error I get from keil. I tried connecting with ST-Link too and that gives error again saying: Cannot read memory! Disable Read Out Protection and retry.

Hoping that the problem is not my board is dead it is about software, I tired loading template project that HAL library gives and get same errors.

Is my board dead? or it did something to protect itself so I cannot flash anything?

I am feeling like my pet fish is dead, I hope it's just faint.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

This seems pretty clear cut to me. He's dead, Jim.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".