cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 SDRAM testing via FMC

Kasun Dinesh
Associate III

Hi, I am developing a product which has a LCD. So I am using STM32F767zit6 MCU and MT48LC4M32B2 SDRAM on my custom board. I want to know is there any tutorial or example there which i can referrer to generate code form cubemx and test my SDRAM. I have a stm32f7508 -dk and I tried to use the example code provided in STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F7508-DISCO\Examples\FMC\FMC_SDRAM. When open the project in CUBEMX, i didnt see 0xC0000800 memory area changes. But i opened the same project using keil. Then it works.

I want to know how to configure FMC module and write some code to verify the SDRAM. I have attached the project I m working.

Thanks,

Kasun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response. I fixed the issue by setting the refresh count.

HAL_SDRAM_ProgramRefreshRate(hsdram, 0x0603);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Typically one writes test patterns or complex data (LFSR) to test the integrity and functionality of the data/address bus connections. Also testing long term retention and refresh.

In the absence of tutorials read the Reference Manual section for the FMC/FSMC, and compare timing parameters wrt SDRAM data sheets. Plenty of examples in the F7 BSP code for EVAL and DISCO boards.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for your response. I fixed the issue by setting the refresh count.

HAL_SDRAM_ProgramRefreshRate(hsdram, 0x0603);