cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't uninstall STM32CubeMX so I can't install the thing because it says I must uninstall it first. The uninstall did not work well to satisfy the installer!

John Winters
Associate III

How can I clean this computer? Do I need to get a new one? Just because it had STM32CubeMX on it previously?

22 REPLIES 22
John Winters
Associate III

I tried cleaning with webroot, rebooting, deleting all the ST files I could find. no dice.

John Winters
Associate III

Update: I read manual. None of the three ways for Windows works for me. How do we fix the computer now? Registry cleaning?

John Winters
Associate III

Anyone there?

CBald
Associate III

Your question is worded poorly, but from what I'm able to gather, you're trying to install the latest version of STM32cubeMX, and cannot because it says you must uninstall the older version of STM32cubeMX? Is that correct? If so, have you tried searching your whole drive for "STM32" or "STMicroelectronics" just to make sure no files are remaining?

Specific hotspots I'd check for are:

C:\Users\*your username here*\STM32Cube

C:\Users\*your username here*\STMicroelectronics

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics

John Winters
Associate III

yes, you are good at reading poorly. I also just now installed Revo uninstaller to look for anything. I did also then remove the jlink programs and drivers. That did not help. I also have the latest JAVA here on Windoes 10.

John Winters
Associate III

what might you suggest now?

CBald
Associate III

So I assume you checked those places and found nothing? No trace of STM32 or STMicroelectronics on your drive at all?

John Winters
Associate III

Good assume. Yes, I wonder about the registry now.

John Winters
Associate III

I even removed my old .atolic stuff.. yes I used it yerars ago