cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-2: What do I need to do to adopt zephyr's bluetooth stack?

DAuks.1
Associate II

I am using zephyr RTOS on BlueNRG-2. Now I have to use default bluetooth stack. Zephyr has a pretty good bluetooth stack. It would be nice to be able to use it's bluetooth implementation instead of ST's. That way my application can be easily ported on other platforms.

3 REPLIES 3
DEdwi.1
Associate II

I think its fairly straight forward to port the peripheral drivers to Zephyr, the biggest issue comes from the integration of the Bluetooth controller layer to the Zephyr upper level Bluetooth stack. If you want to look at the maturity of platform portability on Zephyr, pick 2 ICs that are already supported on Zephyr and build an application that works on both IC platforms, then you dont have to lose time and it validates your portability premise.

MMate.3
Associate II

Hi, did you move with your project? I am working on similar thing where I use bluenrg2+DTM as controller with host connected by uart/hci. The zephyr BLE stack works, but after the connection (android phone with ST test app) I am disconnected as if no such service was found on the server. I rebuild my DTM fw with #define LL_ONLY and I'm getting the same result.

DAuks.1
Associate II

Hi MMate.3. We did move with our project, but we sticked with bluenrg's BLE stack. I havent worked on zephyr's BLE stack so I do not know what cousing this problem for you.