cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got STM32H7XX + I2S full-duplex master working?

DViks.1
Associate II

I have tried to use STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE to generate code. But in CubeIDE I can't create a SPI2_RX DMA Request. And in CubeMX I can't generate a Master Clock Output.

So I wonder if there is any handcrafted code anyone written to get this working? and how to accomplish this.

Is it intentional that stm32h7xx_hal_i2s_ex.c is empty? or is it that they just not had the time to do it?

If CubeMX or CubeIDE doesn't work. Is there any similar chip I can use instead, or can look how it's configuered to get this started?

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @DViks.1​ 

I can't reproduce the problem, could you please share your ioc file to check the issue.

Best regards,

Nesrine

DViks.1
Associate II

That file is from STM32CubeMX

DViks.1
Associate II

I have found 2 similar threads in the forum...

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Ap3TK3/i2s-fullduplex-on-stm32h7-stm32cubemx-doesnt-produce-working-code

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000CArlTH/fullduplex-i2s-with-master-clock-output-on-stm32h7-in-stm32cubeide

All threads say that the hal / cube implementation for i2S for STMH7 is broken.

Looks like the HAL / Cube implementation for H7xx and I2S most probably has been broken for 3 years since the chip range first was introduced in 2016.

DViks.1
Associate II

ok! In the file stm32h7xx_hal_i2s_ex.c it is stated...

==============================================================================

##### I2S Extension features #####

==============================================================================

The I2S Full duplex feature is not supported by this HAL Driver 

...that had been good to know a lot earlier.

Is there any plans to make support for I2S with full-duplex?. Or is the I2S hardware broken/cripled in the STM32F7xx line?

Hello @DViks.1​

Thanks for the feedback, the I2S Full duplex feature will be available next STM32CubeMX version.

Best regards,

Nesrine

That sounds fantastic