cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream sensor data live to MATLAB with BCN002V1B

MMaie.1
Associate II

Hey all,

I bought the STEVAL-BCN002V1B and need for my use case live sensor data of the accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer and the data of the senor fusion in MATLAB.

I already tried the Unicleo software and the ST BLE Sensor-App, but i only found the possibility to save the data as a csv file and import it offline into MATLAB.

Is there any way to get the data live into MATLAB?

Thank you for help 🙂

Greetings Max

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MMaie.1​ , you could manage data stream from the BCN002V1B via USB, flashing on the STEVAL-BCN002V1B module the STM32L1_FW_BCN002V1D.hex file you can find STSW-BLUETILE-DK 1.2.0\Firmware\USB_to_SERIAL. Then you can manage the VCOM acquisition through standard Matlab library (here a discussion on Data Acquisition in Matlab GUI). Regards

MMaie.1
Associate II

@Eleon BORLINI​  Thank you for this advice.

I couldn't manage the data acquisition with matlab, because I have the problem, that I don't know which parameter are sended over the serial port, after flashing the device with the USB_to_SERIAL.hex file.

Is there any manual for the hexfile or original source code? Or some Matlab code to read out the parameters from the sensorboard?

Thanks a lot

Max

Hi Max, you can maybe found some hints in the Docs\BlueNRG1_Periph_Drivers description (example attached).

Btw, if you need this, you can request the source code of the specific USB_to_SERIAL.hex file to our regional contacts. Regards