cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom STM32WB55 Project workflow

BKN636
Associate II

Hello everyone,

ive bought a Nucleo STM32WB55 evaluation board (MB1355C) + Dongle (MB1293C), which ive played around a bit for a while now with trying out different examples from the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.5.0 Firmware package.

My goal is to use the STM32WB55 on a custom board (which ive already layouted) in a battery powered application to transfer a constant stream of data (ADC values) to the Nucleo Board (MB1355C) , which should act as a GATT Server, and the custom board should be the GATT Client.

Would it be feasible to use the examples from the firmware package (i.e. "BLE_DataThroughput") and to modify them for my application, or would it be better to start from scratch using CubeMX for my custom board? Or is there any other, better way?

2 REPLIES 2
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

If your custom board is sending data to the Nucleo board, then your board is a GATT server and the Nucleo board is a GATT Client.

BLE_DataThroughput project is the project using the bigger size of data exchanged in between a server and client.

You can start from it and add the data capture inside a custom task.

BKN636
Associate II

Ill try that. Thank you very much.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "button push" for the pairing process or is this mandatory due to the bluetooth protocol implementation? It would be nice if both the custom board and the nucleo board would pair automatically once both are powered up.