cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSPIN32F0B can be configured via ST motor control workbench?

FGron.1
Associate II

Hello, I work on a STSPIN32F0B but a cannot find a way to configure it via ST motor control workbench software (STSPIN32F0B not present in MCU and Clock Frequency Selection window). I have found the STSPIN-3204 firmware package but I will use the STSPIN32F0B on a custom board and therefore it must be easily modified to correspond to our need. Is there a way to custom it easily like with ST motor control workbench.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi,

I confirm what already stated by Claire in the previous answers. Let my do a summary:

• STEVAL-SPIN3201 based on STSPIN32F0 is a 3 shunt evaluation board compatible with:
    • FOC 3 shunt
    • 6STEP voltage mode (STSPIN32F0 miss the ETR features required by the current mode algorithm)
  • STEVAL-SPIN3202 based on STSPIN32F0A is a single shunt evaluation board compatible with:
    • FOC 1 shunt
    • 6STEP voltage mode and current mode
  • STEVAL-SPIN3204 based on STSPIN32F0B is a single shunt evaluation board compatible with:

Sorry if the product pages caused you some confusion.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Claire O.
ST Employee

Hello FGron.1,

So far only the 6 step code example is available (the one you certainly found already).

We are working now on a more advanced version of the MCSDK allowing configuration of the 6 step inside the MC workbench. Please stay tuned!

Best regards,

Claire

Thanks for your quick answer.

So if I have well understood, the STSPIN32F0/A have other driving mode and therefore are usable with ST motor control workbench but STSPIN32F0B have only the 6-step mode and so isn't compatible with it?

This is a good question indeed.

My understanding is that STSPIN3204 board based on the STSPIN32F0B is focused on 6 step. But this is not the case for STSPIN3202 board based on the STSPIN32F0A (FOC also ok and code fully available in MCSDK).

But ST pages are not clear, I will ask STSPIN colleagues to clarify this point.

Thanks and best regards,

Claire

FGron.1
Associate II

Hello,

Did you receive any answers from your STSPIN colleagues?

Yes, they should answer to you promptly!

Thanks and best regards,

Claire

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi,

I confirm what already stated by Claire in the previous answers. Let my do a summary:

• STEVAL-SPIN3201 based on STSPIN32F0 is a 3 shunt evaluation board compatible with:
    • FOC 3 shunt
    • 6STEP voltage mode (STSPIN32F0 miss the ETR features required by the current mode algorithm)
  • STEVAL-SPIN3202 based on STSPIN32F0A is a single shunt evaluation board compatible with:
    • FOC 1 shunt
  • STEVAL-SPIN3204 based on STSPIN32F0B is a single shunt evaluation board compatible with:

Sorry if the product pages caused you some confusion.

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Coming back to your first question.

The STSPIN32F0B is suitable for the FOC algorithm, but at the moment a board supporting it is not available.

My suggestion is to develop and fine tune your control algorithm using the STEVAL-SPIN3202 based on the STSPIN32F0A and than resuse the same code on the STSPIN32F0B.

The only difference between STSPIN32F0A and STSPIN32F0B is the number of avaliable GPIOs.

No problem. Thanks a lot for your answers this is clear for me now.

I will try it. Thanks a lot for your time