cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include fw_printenv in rootfs.

Smedi
Associate II

Hi,

i am running yocto on STM32MP157 C reference board,Now I want use the fw_printenv from the user space for that I have found the recipe in the BSP i.e sources/poky/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fw-utils_2018.07.bb but if I include u-boot-fw-utils in the st-image-core.bb file and try to build I was throwing errors as below:

make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/basic

| rm -f .tmp_quiet_recordmcount

| make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build obj=scripts/kconfig stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig

| scripts/kconfig/conf --defconfig=arch/../configs/stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig Kconfig

| *** Can't find default configuration "arch/../configs/stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig"!

| scripts/kconfig/Makefile:128: recipe for target 'stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig' failed

| make[1]: *** [stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig] Error 1

| Makefile:492: recipe for target 'stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig' failed

| make: *** [stm32mp15_trusted_defconfig] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/zumi/Downloads/Lock/yocto/yocto-stm32mp1-koan/build/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_disco-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-fw-utils/1_2018.07-r0/temp/log.do_compile.28043)

ERROR: Task (/home/zumi/Downloads/Lock/yocto/yocto-stm32mp1-koan/sources/poky/meta/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-fw-utils_2018.07.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

I want help to know how to include the recipe.

Regards

Srikanth.

2 REPLIES 2
Christophe Guibout
ST Employee

Hi @Smedi​ ,

A forum member succeeded to compile fw_printenv, but there is a CRC issue that will be fixed in the next delivery.

More details in that ticket.

BR,

Christophe

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for reply,I gone through the link he had issue while launching from user space but my scenario is to get first the fw_printenv utility in user space.

Regards

Srikanth.