cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the binary firmware for p-nucleo-ihm001 MCU board that the user manual UM1949 says is available on st.com?

Sudhir
Associate III

The document UM1949 says:

The original firmware demonstration to reprogram the STM32 MCU of the

P-NUCLEO-IHM001, is available in binary file format from the www.st.com

website and it is called P-NUCLEO-IHM001.bin.

Also where is the source code for that firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cedric h1
Associate III

Hello Sudhir,

The source code that has been used to generate the P-NUCLEO-IHM001 binary can be generated by selecting the following example from the "Example Projects" section in the very first window when you run the workbench :

0693W000001cYcEQAU.png

At the generation stage, you will have the choice between UPDATE button or GENERATE button. use UPDATE button otherwise the potentiometer will not be functional.

Best Regards

Cedric

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Claire O.
ST Employee

Dear SKshi,

Please try: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-mcsdk.html

From the MCSDK, you can generate binary code.

P-NUCLEO-IHM001 will be the first in the project example list.

Best regards,

Claire

Thanks. Unfortunately that led to more issues.

I downloaded and installed several things.

First, the motor control sdk (workbench) generates c code for the cubemx (it does not generate binary).

Then in cubemx you generate code for the cubeide.

Then you upgrade stlink etc.

Then you compile the code in cubeIDE. That builds the bin.

When I try to copy the 56K bin to the target in explorer, I get "not enough space" error.

When I try to debug in IDE, I get 'no device on target' debugger error.

All tools have been updated to the latest versions.

Sudhir
Associate III

I was able to load the compiled code on the board but now the potentiometer on the IHM07M1 does not change the speed anymore!

I wish I had the original binary that I could load.

Claire O.
ST Employee

I am sorry, the original binary is not available.

The potentiometer is not working with the code example provided in the MCSDK ( Speed ramp with Potentiometer on P-Nucleo_IHM001 Kit- Advanced)? correct?

Thanks,

Claire

Sudhir
Associate III

Hi Claire,

Correct. The compiled code starts the motor with the user button push but the potentiometer does not do anything. I looked at the code, and I don't see any code that interacts with potentiometer. I am not sure if there is any tutorial that explains the generated code.

The motor profiler is working well, by the way.

Regards,

-Sudhir

Sudhir
Associate III

I am planning to use the board and the motor in a COVID response ventilator, so this is a bit urgent!

Sudhir
Associate III

0693W000001cXw3QAE.jpg

Claire O.
ST Employee

Ok Sudhir,

I will ask the team to check.

For the doc, I can advise you tu use: ST-MC-Suite: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-utilities/st-mc-suite.html

But if you need very specific help on the FW please check directly inside the ST-MC-WORKBENCH: documentation> firmware reference documentation

Best regards,

Claire

cedric h1
Associate III

Hello Sudhir,

The source code that has been used to generate the P-NUCLEO-IHM001 binary can be generated by selecting the following example from the "Example Projects" section in the very first window when you run the workbench :

0693W000001cYcEQAU.png

At the generation stage, you will have the choice between UPDATE button or GENERATE button. use UPDATE button otherwise the potentiometer will not be functional.

Best Regards

Cedric

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."