cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMAContinuousRequests option does not appear on STM32Cube when setting up ADC with DMA. Therefore I can't make ADC work with DMA.

FG
Associate

I am using the NUCLEO-H743ZI board. And I'm using STM32CubeIDE Version: 1.3.1

Build: 6291_20200406_0752 (UTC)

It has 3 16-bit ADCs, none of the three seem to have DMAContinuousRequests in the ADC settings:

0693W000001cIOfQAM.png

The DMA Settings tab is populated as follows:

0693W000001cIPJQA2.png

I would like to enable DMA for multichannel sampling from the ADC. I was able use polling and set up the ADC is discontinuous mode to sample from the 2 ADC channels I need to use. But I would rather use DMA.

Anyone knows what the problem is?

1 REPLY 1

Hello @FG​ 

As already described in the stm32h7xx_hal_adc.h file :DMAContinuousRequests is not supported by H743ZI 

/*Note: On devices STM32H72xx and STM32H73xx, this parameter is specific to ADC3 only. */

uint32_t SamplingMode;     /*!< Select the sampling mode to be used for ADC group regular conversion.

This parameter can be a value of @ref ADC_regular_sampling_mode.

Note:

- On devices STM32H72xx and STM32H73xx, this parameter is specific to ADC3 only. */

FunctionalState DMAContinuousRequests; /*!< Specify whether the DMA requests are performed in one shot mode (DMA transfer stops when number of conversions is reached)

or in continuous mode (DMA transfer unlimited, whatever number of conversions).

This parameter can be set to ENABLE or DISABLE.

Notes:

- In continuous mode, DMA must be configured in circular mode. Otherwise an overrun will be triggered when DMA buffer maximum pointer is reached.

- Specific to ADC3 only on devices STM32H72xx and STM32H73xx */

#endif

Best regards,

Nesrine