cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100-3000 psi pressure sensor to long distance WIFI.

TMCGE.1
Associate

I want to build a communications device that looks at 100-3000 psi pressures in my chemical plant and transmits the data to a receiver and GUI in the control room on a dedicated workstation. I am thinking it will take a .5-4.5 VDC pressure transducer, a ADC that will allow multiple pressure transducers to input and output. A controller that can manage the data transmits, and a WIFI transmitter.

On the receiving end, I am looking at a WIFI receiver and a controller that can convert the data and input it into a GUI.

I need help identifying what the exact parts I need are.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TMCGE.1​ , I could suggest you to check the STWIN kit and especially its Wifi module, the STEVAL-STWINWFV1. The onboard module can be used together with the STWIN software, or it can be considered as stand alone: in this second could be a starting point to check the device specs and resources page. Btw, which cpecific kind of pressure sensor are you trying to configure? Regards

Thanks for the lead! I was looking into the following sensor for the cos and specs. Honeywell MLH08KPSB01A Industrial Pressure Sensor 8000 PSI .5-4.5 VDC OUT T122119

Piranha
Chief II

Don't call "anything wireless" a Wi-Fi, because Wi-Fi is a name of specific technology - IEEE 802.11 wireless networking. In your case it sounds like you need LoRa:

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/presentation/product_presentation/group0/b5/72/c6/ec/c8/e3/4a/8c/IoTaugmented_stm32-lrwan/files/IoTaugmented_stm32-lrwan.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.IoTaugmented_stm32-lrwan.pdf