cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report errors in STM32MP157C-EV1 Getting Started Instructions?

Macdog
Associate III

Not sure where to post this, just unpacked a STM32MP157C-EV1 and was following the Getting started instructions. The insctructions use USB to program a SDHC card. But, on this page:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-EV1/Let%27s_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image

"Connect USB Type A to Type C cable between PC and CN7/USB_OTG port of the STM32MP157x-EV1 board"

But CN7/USB_OTG is on the STM32MP157C-DK2, not the -EV1 and there is no corresponding connector (I think). Will try to program the card using ST-LINK.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Macdog
Associate III

Well, that was simple, there is a corresponding connector, but it's not on the CPU board, it's on the peripherals board. So to I think the following change should be made to the instructions:

"Connect USB Type A to Type C cable between PC and CN7/USB_OTG port of the STM32MP157x-EV1 board"

To:

"Connect USB Type A to Micro USB Type B cable between PC and CN16/USB_OTG port of the STM32MP157x-EV1 board"

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time with this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Macdog
Associate III

Well, that was simple, there is a corresponding connector, but it's not on the CPU board, it's on the peripherals board. So to I think the following change should be made to the instructions:

To:

"Connect USB Type A to Micro USB Type B cable between PC and CN16/USB_OTG port of the STM32MP157x-EV1 board"

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time with this.

Thanks @Community member​ 

Indeed there was a mistake in Wiki, thanks to point it and sorry for inconvenience.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.