cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual bank firmware upgrade of STM32L4R5VG in real-time

Schad.1
Associate

In my application, I am using STm32L4R5VG as a host MCU. I want to upgrade the firmware of host MCU in run time over USB/UART through the Android mobile app.

In actuality, my device will connect with the Android mobile app using the CDC class device and enumerates as VCP. So I want to send the firmware file from Android mobile to host MCU over VCP and write into Bank2 of internal flash (assume as current code is in Bank1) in run time (not in DFU mode). Once the file transfer is done, the device will reboot on its own and check for the latest firmware and boots from Bank2. There is no button on device to set its boot mode. Upgrade process should be s/w controlled.

Also wanted to know how to build encrypted binary specifically so that I can transfer it via Android mobile app to STM32L4R5VG over USB/UART.

Note: I have already gone through AN4657 & AN4767 but not able to break as per what I needed.

Please help to provide how to perform this type of firmware upgrade. If any example or application note already available then please share the link.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0