cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDP for STM32H743

deckhard
Associate III
  1. Is it possible to set level 2 RDP to just a subset of a certain Flash bank? not the entire bank. (Begin Address -> End Address for example)
  2. Is it possible to set RDP levels for an external flash not the internal MCU flash?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi deckhard,

1. For the RDP programming it is usually meant for the entire flash.

I think in this case it would be better to use the PCROP Protection feature that allows you to protect a specific section of your Flash defined by a start and end address as desired as this is the purpose of this feature.

For an easy programming I advice you to use the stm32CubeProgrammer software available on st website that allows you to modify the user option bytes via a simple interface as shown below:

0693W000003OeOIQA0.png

PS: please make sure to read the needed steps on reference manual to avoid any possible harm for your STM32 board (bad manipulation of option bytes).

2. For the RDP protection on external flash, it is only available for internal Flash.

-Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi deckhard,

1. For the RDP programming it is usually meant for the entire flash.

I think in this case it would be better to use the PCROP Protection feature that allows you to protect a specific section of your Flash defined by a start and end address as desired as this is the purpose of this feature.

For an easy programming I advice you to use the stm32CubeProgrammer software available on st website that allows you to modify the user option bytes via a simple interface as shown below:

0693W000003OeOIQA0.png

PS: please make sure to read the needed steps on reference manual to avoid any possible harm for your STM32 board (bad manipulation of option bytes).

2. For the RDP protection on external flash, it is only available for internal Flash.

-Imen