cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install firmware or drivers for STEVAL-PCC009V2 board to use eval6470pd board due to Windows error

ENovk.1
Associate II

When I run the updater, and press 'start', an error occurs during the step, "Install IBUUI drivers". The error message is

Error installing C:\Program Files(x86)\STMicroelectronics\SPINFamily Evaluation Tool 3.2\Updater\Drivers\WinXP\IBUUI.inf driver. Access is denied

This file is present in the location and has read access by all groups listed under the file properties. I tried to run the IBUUI Board Updater as Administrator (right-clicking on it and choosing that option) but this did not change the behavior.

I also tried the alternate procedure to use STM32 ST-LINK software as described in the dm00268136 Spinfamily evaluation tool document, however once I try to connect to the MCU target, it says "No ST-Link detected." It is difficult to believe that I'd need another piece of hardware not required for my project in order to make the hardware I purchased work, since all the documentation on the EVAL6470PD says all I need is the EVAL6470PD and the STEVAL-PCC009V2.

The environment is Windows 10, current up to date.

My apologies if this already shows up in the community forums, I'm not sure if this is the same feed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

I'm sorry but the only solution is the firmware update using the ST-LInk/V2 programmer or an equivalent tool as reported in the user manual UM2020

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

I'm sorry but the only solution is the firmware update using the ST-LInk/V2 programmer or an equivalent tool as reported in the user manual UM2020