cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Motor Control and CubeIDE

PEagl.1
Associate

Hi, we just started trying to evaluate some ST micros for a small motor control project. We started by creating a motor control project with the motor control workbench 5.4.3, for our target. This created a project with no issues. We then create the project within the IDE, by creating new project from the .ioc file. Seems OK, but then when you try and build, it immediately falls over with many compiler errors. Lots of include path errors, and once they are resolved, missing type defs. Surely we should not need to be debugging at this level with an out of the box example? we must be missing some simple step! It looks like the instructions are out of date, and we are falling into a simple gotcha..... any help please shout out!!

thanks all.

5 REPLIES 5
GBuke.1
Associate

You are missing a step and the documentation is out of date and contradictory.

After generating your ioc file in MCWB it should then have a button to open cubeMX. Click that to open the ioc in cubeMX and then click the generate button in the upper right. Once generated it should have a button to open the CubeIDE and click that. Then you can compile and and download the project with no issues.

I have spent the last 3 to 4 weeks evaluating their motor controls and am about to give up and go back to Infineon. My management wanted to go to the STM32H parts but the documentation issues, the tool issues, and the lack of motor control support for the H parts is giving me a very bad feeling. The kickerfor me is that there is no support for hall sensor control, just sensorless FOC.

Isn´t that 6-step-control based on hall sensors (e.g. block commutation) ? I didn´t try until now, but anyway…

Edit... Just checked the RM (Document UM2392 - Rev1, page 35) Section 3.3.2 Speed and position feedback components. According to that, it shouldn´t be a problem… *confused now*

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @PEagl.1​ 

Did the @GBuke.1​ 's answer solve your problem?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Dear @GBuke.1​ 

I'm interested in getting the details of what's best and what's wrong via direct message (just click on my nickname).

Because according to our internal benchmarks, we are a lot ahead of the competition in all aeras of Motor Control that we deal with.

And even more by taking into account current internal developments (short-, mid- and long-terms) which are not public at the moment.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @PEagl.1​ 

As you do not answer, I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this thread closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...