Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade STlink on Dev board

PLane.1
Associate II

Nucleo-H743ZI2 Dev Board

STM32CubePRogreammer V2.3, and V2.4

Using CubeIDE with a new board I get the popup saying that the board needs an update. The IDE was unable to successfully do this. So I attempted CubeProgrammer 2.3 with no luck.

Someone else on our team has CubeProgrammer v2.4 installed and it worked on his board as expected. So I installed v2.4 with no luck and same result.

Images provides show the result. device not found which is the same result I get regardless of version.

Additional note: When attempting to download STM32CubeProgrammer V2.4 the email received continued to have a link that returned a 404 error.

3 REPLIES 3

Depends what mode it is in, and if another application has dibs on it.

Might need to a) reset the target MCU or b) unplug/plug board.

Watch for issues with hubs, docking stations, or AV / daemons. Dell?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
PLane.1
Associate II

USB cable is directly connected to laptop USB port, which is then used with a Windows 10 VM.

Can you expand on those modes? and what mode I should be in? everything is out of box settings as far as jumpers.

the IDE is open, but that was a project for a different board. I have also tried unpluging multiple times.

How do I reset target MCU in CubeProgrammer?

Additional helpful information, I can also connect to the board with the connect button.

@Community member​ additional input would be helpful.

Using via a VM, does that have policies limiting access to USB hardware/classes ?

Needs to get into a DFU mode to update, not an active mode.

The board should have a RESET button.

Not sure the ZI2 has disconnection pins for the SWD, but you could pull the power jumpers so the target doesn't run.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..