Upon building with STM32CubeIDE I just get

> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

> make: *** [makefile:44: help.elf] Error 1

Calling arm-none-eabi-gcc directly gets me

> arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: nosys.specs: No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Not using CubeIDE, show the command line being feed into the linker

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SWink
Associate II
arm-none-eabi-gcc -o "help.elf" @"objects.list"  -l/home/benton/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.1.0/ARNE_CRC_SPI/STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V3.1.0/AccHw_Crypto/STM32L4/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Crypto_AccHw/Lib/STM32AccHwCryptoV3.1.0_L4_KEIL_slsm1elfspf.lib -mcpu=cortex-m4 -T"/home/benton/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.1.0/help/STM32L4A6ZGTX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="help.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -L/home/benton/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.1.0/ARNE_CRC_SPI/STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V3.1.0/AccHw_Crypto/STM32L4/Middlewares/ST/STM32_Crypto_AccHw/Lib --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -Wl,--end-group

That is fed into the compiler. Is that enough? If not, where can I see the parameters that are fed into the linker?

In the first case, are there any other output lines before the error line?

In the second case, is this gcc from a package intended for the Cortex-M?

JW

SWink
Associate II

Thank you, that was helpful for debugging. It was not. After getting the masked error I followed https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AAGtwq/how-to-include-crypto-library-in-system-workbench-project which helped me.