cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We use STM32F407VET6 TQFP100 At the Moment we use the Step 4 of this Controller. But now we have Problems with the I2C-Bus. Can you send me an errata Sheet About the changes from Step 2 to Step 4. In the datasheets there is not enough Information.

SSpoh.1
Associate

Are you aware of ST problems with this Step 4 version.

We think, that the driver can not go to Low Level

6 REPLIES 6
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @SSpoh.1​ ,

What do you mean by "step"? Do you mean that you are migrating from STM32F2 to STM32F4?

These are not steps, but different families of STM32 microcontroller.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Stepping is the common term to describe the version/revision of silicon, and mask sets related to the IC

ie REVID within DBGMCU IDCODE

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Hello Amel,
we use the Controller STM32F407VET6 TQFP100
But there are diffferent Versions (step)
At the Moment we use Version (step) 4
In the past we use Version (step) 2
[cid:image001.png@01D62D2B.01C06D00]
But now we have Problems with the I2C-Bus.
Can you send me an errata Sheet about the changes from Step 2 to Step 4. In the datasheets there is not enough Information.
Are you aware of ST problems with this Step 4 version.
We think, that the driver can not go to Low Level
Regards
Stefan

Need to fix the image attachment.

If the Errata attached to previous post is not sufficient you'd likely want to get with the FAE supporting your account to get some better understanding/translation of the issue.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Did you take an old working board with v2 chip and physically replaced for v4, and the problem appeared?

If not, why do you think you have problem with a particular version of the chip?

JW