cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 No firmware loaded?

OYILD.1
Associate

Hello,

I have EVALKIT-ROBOT-1. I am working on connecting the device but I couldnt make it.

Here are the marks what I did:

1) The motor encoder and power cables connected to J12 and J10 respectively on the kit.

2) I connected A and B lines between my isolated USB-RS485 converter and RS485 port on the kit. TERM and A+ connection shorted with a cable.

3) 120Ohm tied between A and B lines on my isolated USB-RS485 converter.

4) Motor Control Workbench 5.4.3 downloaded.

5) en.STSW-ROBOT-1_R1_LL downloaded.

6) I loaded the en.STSW-ROBOT-1_R1_LL project on Motor Control Workbench software and wanted to make connection by clicking "Monitor" button.

7) BUT I always got "Connection failed! No response, check the communication cable, the power on the board or the baudrate (set to 115200 bps)

The configuration is Port: COM6, Baudrate: 115200

ALSO,

I tried with ModbusPoll software and no response. The connection has always "timeout" error.

How can I connect the board? (It says plug and play firmware loaded)

Is the kit really loaded with firmware?

Best regards,

Onur

5 REPLIES 5
OYILD.1
Associate

Hello,

I found out from the source files that the communication speed is 19200 baud (It is told only modbus address in user guide). Also I unchecked use RTS, CTS in modbus poll configuration.

Now, I am working on figuring out moving the motor. Motor Control Workbench 5.4.3 never connected.

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi, the MODBUS protocol is not the same of Motor Control Workbench.

You can use a free tool like QModBus.

You can find more details on communication protocol in the user manual UM2653

PS: check the A and B lines connection (sometimes are reversed in the hub compared to our kit)

ketchup
Associate III

You can connect STEVAL-ROBOT-1 and PC thrue RS485, but only for communication.

Right now You can't connect with STSPINF0 and Motor Profiler yet, even using STLINK.

KKuma.3
Associate III

Hello,

Has anyone tried to flash using the segger Jlink with the eval kit ?

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards