cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the IIS2DH allow for interrupt 2 to be used on the INT1 pin?

DDavi.3
Associate II

Hello

I see that on page 39, on register six that the device allows interrupt 1 functionality to be used on pin 2. But is it possible for this to be done the other way?

Thanks in advance,

Dyfan

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DDavi.3​ , the two interrupts are not exactly symmetrical. As stated in the CTRL_REG3 (22h) and CTRL_REG5 (24h) datasheet description, you can basically enable all the interrupts of the embedded digital functions (CLICK, DRDY1 and 2, AOI1 and 2, 4D and so on) on the INT1 physical pin. Starting from this feature, you can decide to route these interrupt (that are on INT1 pin by default) on INT2 pin, which is the "auxiliary" interrupt path. Which is the specific interrupt you want to route on INT1 pin? Regards

DDavi.3
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ 

I'm trying to implement freefall with two thresholds and trying to get both INT2 threshold and the INT1 threshold both on the Interrupt 1 Pin. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi @DDavi.3​ , yes you can, and you can choose if the two interrupt that are combined on the same INT pin are in logic OR or in logic AND. If for example you want to raise the interrupt when a the physical event exceeds Threshold1 AND/OR Threshold2, you have to configure the two thresholds, route the two interrupts 1 and 2 on the same pin (enable I2_INT1 and I2_INT1 of CTRL_REG6 (25h) register), and enable the AOI/6D bit of the INT2_CFG (34h) according to the table below. Regards

0693W000000WsBHQA0.png

DDavi.3
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ 

I am struggling to understand the following step.

"route the two interrupts 1 and 2 on the same pin (enable I2_INT1 and I2_INT1 of CTRL_REG6 (25h) register), "

Reading the datasheet, I2_INT1 enable's INT1 functionality on the INT2 pin. I only have INT1 pin routed on my board,what set of registers do I require to set up to get the INT2 functionality on pin 1?

Thanks again!

DDavi.3
Associate II

Ah is it that disabling I2_INT2 only allows it to be on INT 1 pin?