cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm using ST25DV04K. I'm trying to write 16 Bytes in System Configuration Area, but after two Bytes of the stream I get a NACK from the device. Instead, if I write two Bytes at a time, it works and I can write everything... Suggestions?

VCecc.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VCecc.1​ ,

Sorry I was wrong, I've read more carefully the datasheet of the ST25DV (https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/nfc/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-readers/st25-dynamic-nfc-tags/st25dv-i2c-series-dynamic-nfc-tags/st25dv04k.html) and it is mentioned that registers can be read continuously but same behavior is not available for the write command (chap 4.3 p 17).

Hope this help you.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VCecc.1​ ,

This is strange, you should be able to write the 16 bytes in one command. I'm guessing that you are writing at address 0000h in the system area, so all 16 registers are accessible in write.

Do you have same problem writing in the user area?

Best Regards.

VCecc.1
Associate II

Hi Rene,

Yes, I set 0000h as start address then try to write 16 Bytes (from 0000h to 000Fh). It does not work. Session is open, in factif I write one byte at a time, I can customize/modify all 16 Bytes of Sys Config Area. If I try to do the same thing in User Area (same adresses but E2 bit = 0), it works, I write and read what I wrote.

Best Regards

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VCecc.1​ ,

Sorry I was wrong, I've read more carefully the datasheet of the ST25DV (https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/nfc/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-readers/st25-dynamic-nfc-tags/st25dv-i2c-series-dynamic-nfc-tags/st25dv04k.html) and it is mentioned that registers can be read continuously but same behavior is not available for the write command (chap 4.3 p 17).

Hope this help you.

Regards.

Hi,

ok, I understand, thankyou for your precious info