cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN FUNCTIONS IN MURATA LORAWAN MODULE

GErma.1
Associate III

Hi

According to the Murata's manual, the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 module uses an STM32L082 processor, but the ST website says it uses an STM32L072CZ. What information is correct?

I am asking this question because the Murata manual does not reference all the alternate functions available on a given STM32L0 pin.

For example in the Murata manual, PA12 / USB_DP is connected to STM32L082_PA12 and has the description GPIO Mode PA12 and USB_DP.

According to the STM32L072 manual, pin PA12 can have the following alternative functions: SPI1_MOSI, EVENTOUT, TSG_G4_I04, USART1_RTS_DE and COMP2_OUT.

Can I use all the alternate STM32L0 functions on the Murata Lorawan Module?

BR

Gilberto

8 REPLIES 8
sergug
Associate III

Hello!

From Murata's "LoRa Module FAQ":

Q. What is the difference between CMWX1ZZABZ-078 and CMWX1ZZABZ-091?

A. In terms of the performance and the software, basically there is no difference between these two modules. The only difference is the Hardware Encryption for AES. 

CMWX1ZZABZ-078 carries this function, but CMWX1ZZABZ-091 does not. Besides, the price is the same for both modules.

CMWX1ZZABZ-078 - STM32L082

CMWX1ZZABZ-091 - STM32L072

>According to the STM32L072 manual, pin PA12 can have the following alternative functions: SPI1_MOSI, EVENTOUT, TSG_G4_I04, USART1_RTS_DE and COMP2_OUT.

From manual 072: "Alternative functions: SPI1_MOSI, EVENTOUT, TSG_G4_I04, USART1_RTS_DE and COMP2_OUT." and "Aditional functions: USB_DP"

TVard.1
Associate III

I am trying to access CMWX1ZZABZ-093. which pin should i use to access the UART of module?

23 PA3/ADC3  - I/O - STM32L072_PA3  - UART_RX for AT command interface 

24 PA2/ADC2  - I/O - STM32L072_PA2  - UART_TX for AT command interface 

same goes for 078 and 091 modules? Do these modules by default comes with AT command ?

TVard.1
Associate III

does -078 module come prebuilt with AT command firmware inside it or do i need to use LPWAN software package from ST?

From

https://www.murata.com/-/media/webrenewal/support/faqs/products/lpwa/lora/hardware/lora_lineup.ashx

CMWX1ZZ ABZ-078 - "test firmware" ( not "LoRa Modem Firmware" !)

I worked with such modules using modified libraries from STM

Can you guide me through the process of putting lora modem inside it?

Try using the "AT_Slave" project example from ST I-CUBE-LRWAN library for B-L072Z-LRWAN1 dev board.

In I-CUBE-LRWAN it is in the folder "\Projects\B-L072Z-LRWAN1\Applications\LoRa\AT_Slave".

From readme.txt:

"This directory contains a set of source files that implements an example of a LoRa modem that is controlled though AT command interface over UART by an external host, like a computer executing a terminal.

This application is targeting the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery board embedding the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa module."