cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 I was able to to compile with IAR IDE, but when I try with stm32cubeide I get errors like

ADani.2
Associate III

C:/ST/Motor/STSW-ROBOT-1_R1_LL/EVALKIT_ROBOT_1_SDK543_Positioning_LL/Src/main.c:130: undefined reference to `ModbusRTUTask'

or

region `RAM' overflowed by 200 bytes region `FLASH' overflowed by 2912 bytes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

> C:/ST/Motor/STSW-ROBOT-1_R1_LL/EVALKIT_ROBOT_1_SDK543_Positioning_LL/Src/main.c:130: undefined reference to `ModbusRTUTask'

Your main.c file cannot see the definition for ModbusRTUTask. Ensure you've #included the file that contains this.

> region `RAM' overflowed by 200 bytes region `FLASH' overflowed by 2912 bytes

The code you're compiling can't fit within the RAM or FLASH memory limits of the device. This one is going to be harder to fix. You could compile with optimizations, or remove code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
chaaalyy
Senior II

I also work on the STSW-ROBOT-1 at the moment and got it to work with cubeIDE... ST (as usual) messed up some project settings...

step 1: Unzip the pack to a folder of your choice (maybe without special characters 😉 )

step 2: doubleclick the ".project" file, located inside the "STM32CubeIDE"-folder. This will import the project into cubeIDE

step 3: locate the "modbus" folder in the unzipped directory. Copy it and in your project, paste the whole folder into the "Middlewares" folder. (Afterwards you should have "modbus" and "MotorControl" inside "Middlewares")

step 4: rightclick on project , then Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols. In the right pane under "Includes", delete all (should be three of them) "modbus"-related entries.

step5: At "Configuration" switch to [All configurations]

step 6: On the right side: Add -> Workspace -> Navigate to "projectName", "Middlewares" and begin with "modbus" folder. Check "Add to all languages" and "Add to all configurations".

step 7 - 10: repeat this for the folders inside "modbus" the same way (rtu , port , include , functions)

step 11: Apply and close

step 12: clean project, refresh and build ...

Hopefully it works now 🙂

Atm i prepare a bug report for a really horrible bug in the provided Lib (MCSDK 5.4.3), which leads to unreliable position control and motor behaviour... Too complicated, to explain here. Stay tuned and if your motor doesn´t run, as expected... Solution is on the way 😉

chaaalyy
Senior II