cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use MotionSP middleware library with accelerometers?

RJain.1
Associate II

I am an absolute beginner and want to analyse accelerometer data. I also seen some example related to Predictive maintenance where motionSP is used but I am unable to understand how to use it in my custom application.

Please let me know how to use it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RJain.1​ , an high-level (meaning "not detailed") explanation on the capabilities of the Signal processing (MotionSP) middleware can be found in the user manual UM2566 p.27: it is used for vibration analysis in time domain (speed RMS and acceleration peak) and frequency domain (FFT with programmable size, averaging, overlapping and windowing). More detailed examples on how to use this middelware can be found in the FP-IND-PREDMNT1 function package examples, such as:

• \Projects\STM32F446RE-Nucleo\Demonstrations\Predictive_Maintenance
  • \Projects\STEVAL-IDP005V1\Applications\ Vibration_Analysis
  • PredMaint_SVR project from \Projects\STEVAL-IDP005V1\Demonstrations\Predictive_Maintenance_SRV folder (here below a description of the modification of the alarm and warning thresholds for Speed RMS, Acc peak and spectral band. It is done in precompiling phase on MotionSP_Threshold.h file) 

0693W000000WrzpQAC.png

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RJain.1​ , an high-level (meaning "not detailed") explanation on the capabilities of the Signal processing (MotionSP) middleware can be found in the user manual UM2566 p.27: it is used for vibration analysis in time domain (speed RMS and acceleration peak) and frequency domain (FFT with programmable size, averaging, overlapping and windowing). More detailed examples on how to use this middelware can be found in the FP-IND-PREDMNT1 function package examples, such as:

• \Projects\STM32F446RE-Nucleo\Demonstrations\Predictive_Maintenance
  • \Projects\STEVAL-IDP005V1\Applications\ Vibration_Analysis
  • PredMaint_SVR project from \Projects\STEVAL-IDP005V1\Demonstrations\Predictive_Maintenance_SRV folder (here below a description of the modification of the alarm and warning thresholds for Speed RMS, Acc peak and spectral band. It is done in precompiling phase on MotionSP_Threshold.h file) 

0693W000000WrzpQAC.png

Regards