cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBUUI Board Updater fails to install IBUUI drivers for STEVAL-PCC009V2 board.

ENovk.1
Associate II

When I run the updater, and press 'start', an error occurs during the step, "Install IBUUI drivers". The error message is

Error installing C:\Program Files(x86)\STMicroelectronics\SPINFamily Evaluation Tool 3.2\Updater\Drivers\WinXP\IBUUI.inf driver. Access is denied

This file is present in the location and has read access by all groups listed under the file properties. I tried to run the IBUUI Board Updater as Administrator (right-clicking on it and choosing that option) but this did not change the behavior.

I also tried the alternate procedure to use STM32 ST-LINK software as described in the dm00268136 Spinfamily evaluation tool document, however once I try to connect to the MCU target, it says "No ST-Link detected."

Until this is corrected, I cannot use the eval6470PD board to continue my project.

The environment is Windows 10.

2 REPLIES 2
DSabo
Associate III

I'm having the same issue... Did you figure out a solution?

ENovk.1
Associate II

Well sort of. I was put in touch with a Field Applications Engineer at a ST vendor. He sent me a STLINK-V3SET. I then used that module along with the STM32CubeProg

software running on Windows 10 to program the STEVAL-PCC009V2 with the updated firmware (which you have to download separately from its product page.) Once everything was installed and hooked up, the programming was almost instant. After that the eval6470PD worked fine with the SpinFamily Evaluation Tool. ST responses to support cases were slow and useless - with the exception that they put me in touch with a vendor that solved my problem. I really suggest you get in contact with your local vendor and get the help of an FAE to speed up your product development.