cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Regular Conversion Manager (RCM) functions not present in the MC SDK 5.4.3 code while present in the documentation?

PBela.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am develloping a system using the motor control sdk. I am usiung the ‎STSPIN32F0‎ chip and the following software versions:

0693W000000Wl3fQAC.png

This module only has one ADC peripheral and I need to use it in my application. Looking around, I have found that the Regular Conversion Manager (RCM) might be exactly what I need for this situation. I can see in the release notes that this feature was added in the 5.2.0 version:

0693W000000Wl3uQAC.png

They say to "Refer to the Reference documentation for more information.". So I looked at the documentation for my version which I found in the motor control worbench under "Documentation->STM32 motor control SDK5.x - Firmware". In this document, I found the following information:

0693W000000Wl4YQAS.png

and also:

0693W000000Wl4iQAC.png

This is all good and well, but when I search for these functions in my STM32cubeIDE workspace were I have the project it doesn't find anything:

0693W000000Wl4sQAC.png

I have also manually looked in mc_tasks and mc_api where these functions should be located.

I have serach on the web everywhere for if this feature was removed, or if I need to do something in the workbench in order for these functions to be generated but I can't find anything.

I really need this feature for this project...

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PBela.1
Associate II

In the end I found the answer myself. It seems like the functions changed name and location and are not updated in the documentation. The functions can be found in regular_conversion_manager.c /.h and they are named:

MC_ProgramRegularConversion() -> RCM_RequestUserConv()

MC_GetRegularConversionState() -> RCM_GetUserConvState()

MC_GetRegularConversionValue() -> RCM_GetUserConv()

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PBela.1
Associate II

In the end I found the answer myself. It seems like the functions changed name and location and are not updated in the documentation. The functions can be found in regular_conversion_manager.c /.h and they are named:

MC_ProgramRegularConversion() -> RCM_RequestUserConv()

MC_GetRegularConversionState() -> RCM_GetUserConvState()

MC_GetRegularConversionValue() -> RCM_GetUserConv()

Hello,

By using below three functions, how i can read the ADC Channel (PA3) in stspin32f0 MCU

RCM_RequestUserConv()

RCM_GetUserConvState()

RCM_GetUserConv()

Kindly let me know the solution.

Thank you.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @MR.3​ 

If you have still this second problem, please open a new post.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards