cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOUCHGFX+STM32F0XX+TFT Display

CuAuPro
Associate II

Hello.

I haven't found similar question. I am beginner with TOUCHGFX: Is it possible to use TOUCHGFX with STM32F0XX series with some cheap TFT Displays? As I read TOUCHGFX supports all of that drivers but I don't understand how to connect all components together. Is it possible?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Sure, you can use any display with TouchGFX, but we do not "support" displays, per se. TouchGFX renders frames to some memory, and you transfer the pixels in that mamory to a display. It's all about how you configure the display, the controllers if any, and TouchGFX together. For example:

If you have a parallel RGB display the LTDC will clock out the pixels for you and you ensure that the pixel format of the LTDC matches that of TouchGFX (Through TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX).

if you don't have a TFT Controller, then TouchGFX will tell you when you should transfer parts of the framebuffer to the display using your own driver (e.g. SPI or 8080 over FMC).

/Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Sure, you can use any display with TouchGFX, but we do not "support" displays, per se. TouchGFX renders frames to some memory, and you transfer the pixels in that mamory to a display. It's all about how you configure the display, the controllers if any, and TouchGFX together. For example:

If you have a parallel RGB display the LTDC will clock out the pixels for you and you ensure that the pixel format of the LTDC matches that of TouchGFX (Through TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX).

if you don't have a TFT Controller, then TouchGFX will tell you when you should transfer parts of the framebuffer to the display using your own driver (e.g. SPI or 8080 over FMC).

/Martin

CuAuPro
Associate II

Thank you for very fast answer. I appreciate it!

Is there any example for this kind of application? It would be very helpful.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Please browse through the application templates in the designer. They're our examples for hardware configuration / HAL 🙂

CuAuPro
Associate II

Ok, thank you very much! Appreciate your help.

Best regards.

No problem. Let me know if you don't find what you're looking for.

Also please have a look at support.touchgfx.com, concretely under AL Development. I've written some articles that cover various scenarios. E.g. LTDC, SPI, FMC 8080)

Ok I will take a look and bring LCD to life 🙂

Which template should I use with any SPI TFT Display (ILIXX driver supported)? I'm sorry for beginner questions but I am new in graphics design world with this app.