cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DHTR Marking decoding.

SEdwa.1
Associate

Hi,

Does anyone know what the markings are on the LIS3DHTR, Or point me to a datasheet that has the meaning for it please.

I'm assuming the first 4 digits are a date code, The C3H is the part number and the last line of code is a batch serial number?

How would I identify that they are genuine ST parts?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SEdwa.1​ , you are right. LIS3DH top surface marking is composed as below:

xXYY --> date code ("X" for the year, "YY" for the week)

zzz --> C3H stands for LIS3DH

wwwww --> Marking area for traceability. As you know, traceability is a method enabling to reconstruct the individual history of an ST component and its association to the Wafer Fab Lot. Its records are maintained to trace backward and forward the different product step, along the whole supply chain.

So you can be sure your device is an ST product, specifically a LIS3DH, you have to check if the C3H is there.

Regards

SEdwa.1
Associate

Thanks.

So the devices I have have .8349 and .8342 are these manufactured in 1983 or 2003 or 2013. They seem very old batch. If they where manufactures this year would I see .9049?

Regards

It means 2013, the part number wan not available in 2003 or the decades before 😉 (although it is not one of the last ST products in motion MEMS ST portfolio, whose market experiences a more rapid change with respect to other electronic compartments such as automotive or power analog). Don't now the exact meaning of the first number, but for a part number assembled end of last year you would see something like x952 (wk 52 of 2019). Consider a product cycle of about 10 years,meaning that the second number will change e.g. from "1" (1st product year, 2011), to "0" (10th product year). Regards