cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32F730V8 support SDRAM or not?

Slina
Associate III

It says specifically in datasheet that it does, but when I create new STM32CubeIDE project and select STM32F730V8, FMC only offers PSRAM/NOR Flash/LCD interface. I tried for testing purposes selecting some other MCU that also supposedly supports SDRAM, I did get a choice of selecting it. Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
13 REPLIES 13

YES

It is like a F722 with less memory (supposedly), but with encryption, see circuit diagram on product page, top right corner

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32f730v8.html

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes, I've seen that one and it also sounds good, but it has the same problem in STM32CubeIDE. MFC only offers PSRAM/NOR Flash/LCD interface, no SDRAM option.

Does the selected package have all pins needed for SDRAM?

JW

0693W000000WcANQA0.png

Minimum package size is 144-pins, so I'm guessing so.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Damn, I missed that part. Thanks.

Yes, I've just realized that. Thanks.

Yeah, well if I got a dollar for every broken tool, or point I scored...

Sorry, not using CubeMX / CubeIDE here. You'll have to fight the dependencies that are hanging it up, or pretend it is a different IC, like an F722 or F746 and see if that limps along enough for you to see it work.

Get out the data sheet, go over the pin list, and configure the pins and interface

Slina
Associate III

But it says that for STM32F730V8T6, which is 100 pin package, doesn't support SDRAM?