cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STTS22H - what is the temperature registers format?

I may be exceptionally dumb, but I can't find in the STTS22H DS, how can the measured temperature be determined from the values read from the temperature registers.

What am I missing?

JW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ , you can also refer to the online available C drivers (github link) for the conversion between LSB (concatenate TEMP_H_OUT and TEMP_L_OUT) and °C in STTS22H

float_t stts22h_from_lsb_to_celsius(int16_t lsb)
{
  return ((float_t)lsb /100.0f);
}

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KnarfB
Principal III
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ , you can also refer to the online available C drivers (github link) for the conversion between LSB (concatenate TEMP_H_OUT and TEMP_L_OUT) and °C in STTS22H

float_t stts22h_from_lsb_to_celsius(int16_t lsb)
{
  return ((float_t)lsb /100.0f);
}

Regards

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Okay; but isn't the DS the primary source which ought to contain this information?

And, once we are at it, what's exactly the meaning of BDU bit in CTRL register?

Frank, @KnarfB​ ,

Yes, that DS - can you see in there how to interpret the values read out of the TEMP_L_OUT/TEMP_H_OUT registers?

Thanks,

JW

Hi @Community member​ , technically you are not wrong... I'll report it to the product champion. Thank you for your note. Regards

Thanks, @Eleon BORLINI​ .

Jan

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Jan, after an internal check we should be able to add in the next datasheet revision a paragraph explaining in a clearer way the temperature readings interpretation, similar to the below-shown LPS22HH's one:

0693W000000WWQQQA4.jpg

Regards

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​  ,

Thanks. Looking forward to the new STTS22H datasheet!

Jan