Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3993RFID GB29768 Operating the tags

伟民
Associate II

Hello!

Dear ST technician!

Using the chip STM32L476 +3993 provided by your company and the original code provided by the official,

I have encountered a problem of operating tags. I sincerely consult you here:

When the tags of GB29768 is inventory,

In tag memory, read from area:

Read operation of coding, Tag Information, Security, User,

"Could not read tag..." Warning, unable to operate,

0693W000000W2zyQAC.png

0693W000000W303QAC.png

Compared with gen2 tag, the above functions can successfully perform read and set operations,

detailed reading of the source code, see a complete preparation of GB29768 tags operation procedures,

the ST25RU3993 Reader Suite also feels perfectly functional,

So I'm glad to consult you, could you tell me what caused it?

I wish you good health!

ST loyal user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello,

As far as I can see, your tags are not answering to reader command.

The fact none of the tag is answering to inventory while TID is enabled, even with different configurations (link frequency, tc, coding, ...), makes me think the tags you are currently using are not fulfilling the Gb29768 specifications (timings, waves shapes, ...), this has to be investigated further.

This communication channel becomes now not efficient enough, could you please send me in a private message your email address and contact info

such as I can bring you in contact with our local support team ?

thanks and regards,

Cedric.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
伟民
Associate II

How I wish ST would help me give the answer�?

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello,

sorry for late reply, we did not see yet this entry in the "ST25 NFC/RFID Tags and Readers" category.

I confirm the ST25RU-SDK v2.0.0 is indeed addressing Gb29768 tags and such areas should be read by the GUI.

There might be some few reasons explaining you are not able to access them.

Could you check all these area are not password protected on your tag ?

Could you please try to reduce Link frequency (64kHz) and/or increase coding (MILLER 8), at least to ensure tag access is possible ?

Could you please provide a bit more information on tag access conditions you selected in the GUI Reader Settings (BLF, coding, outputlevel, lead code, ...) ?

best regards,

Cedric.

伟民
Associate II

Thank you very much for your reply.

There is no password and lock in these areas.

Using other companies' RFID reading and writing software, can access the GB29768 tag, and change the ID number of the tag.

The ST read-write software we use is as shown in the following figure. We also use the serial debugging tool and oscilloscope. The operation of the test level is as follows: 

0693W000000X283QAC.png

After ST "read" instruction was sent to 476MCU, 3993 found the corresponding tag and sent the access instruction to the tag. The oscilloscope tested that the complete wave pattern of access tag instruction was correct. So feel read and write GB29768 tag, code also write the corresponding program, But now can not access the tag, use serial debugging tool test code, error type is "-33", waiting for the response error, also hope to guide and help to solve, thank you very much!

best regards�?

伟民

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello,

your issue cannot be reproduced in our lab.

Using the 2.0.0 from st.com (for your info, we released a new 2.1.0), I defined the same parameters as yours (cf attached).

I have been able to read the content of the tag (coding area, cf attached), this read is reproducible on multiple tags without error.

Your issue may be due to antenna tuning.

Are you using the near field antenna provided with the EVAL board or another one ?

Could you please try to change the pre-tuning algo to MEDIUM and disable the autotuning algo (cf attached) before the test ?

Last point, the error code -33 means "No response" so either the tag did not reply at all or the environment was so noisy (or antenna not tuned cf above) that the reader was not able to recognize the answer.

AFAIU you have an oscilloscope, could you check the tag is at least answering and that the reply is correctly formated ?

regards,

Cedric

0693W000000X3ngQAC.jpg0693W000000X3ngQAC.jpg0693W000000X3nqQAC.jpg

伟民
Associate II

Hello!

Dear ST technician!

Thank you very much for your timely reply.

And experienced the new code and new ST25RU3993 Reader Suite software in version v2-1-0-0.

According to the operation method you replied, the following Settings were made.

0693W000000X75YQAS.png

0693W000000X75UQAS.png

Strange is: access the tag yet error, using the serial debugging tool,

to find the error location and error message as shown in the figure below:

0693W000000X75dQAC.png 0693W000000X75iQAC.png

I hope to continue to receive your guidance. Thank you very much�?

best regards,

伟民​

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello,

It seems the tag is not answering to the access command, indeed as I mentioned above the code -33 means "No response" (the tag did not reply at all or the antenna is not tuned enough) but with the pre-tuning enabled I consider the tune is now OK.

Could you confirm this assumption by checking the waves with you oscilloscope and see if the tag is at least answering to the command ?

A small comment, you have to be really carefull with the printf, indeed the Gb29768 protocol is really sensitive to timings and printf may introduce extra timings that leads to out of ranges timings.

The least invasive approach would consist in filling up an array during execution and see the array content once the protocol has finished 😉

A test you could run: with 2.1.0 the GUI now allows to read the tag TID while inventorying (cf attached), this is roughly using the same mechanism being used for tag reading.

Could you try to launch inventories with different frequencies, coding, china profile, tc, rx/tx options, ... and check that at least a tag is inventoried (in main window, deploy a tag that has been found and its TID should be listed), then with this working setup try to read tag content.

regards,

Cedric.

0693W000000X7z7QAC.jpg

伟民
Associate II

Hello,

Dear Cedric,

Thank you very much for your continuous reply�?

"Printf" should be avoided in GB29768 as much as possible. I feel the same way as you.

What you said above:“...the GUI now allows to read the tag TID while inventorying...�?,

And there's a little bit of confusion here, but the “GB-29768 with TID�?setting is also used, and the tags cannot be search to. 

Please refer to the following Settings for details:

0693W000000X9ABQA0.png

Now using "gb-29768" setting can search to the tag, but cannot successfully access the tag, so I have added "printf" test error message to the error location. The test value is consistent with the result of the oscilloscope test. After the "SendCmdGetRn" command was send, the data returned by the tag has no response.

0693W000000X9AGQA0.png

So as not to affect the program to normal execution, I also turned off the "printf" here, and continued to test, I still could not access the tag normally. The Error was: "FAIL: Could not read tag memory Coding (tag Error: memory overrun 0x3. Memory does not exist or is too small)", as shown in the figure below:

0693W000000X9ALQA0.png

​Above feedback, hope to continue to get your help, thank you very much!!

best regards,

伟民​

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello,

As far as I can see, your tags are not answering to reader command.

The fact none of the tag is answering to inventory while TID is enabled, even with different configurations (link frequency, tc, coding, ...), makes me think the tags you are currently using are not fulfilling the Gb29768 specifications (timings, waves shapes, ...), this has to be investigated further.

This communication channel becomes now not efficient enough, could you please send me in a private message your email address and contact info

such as I can bring you in contact with our local support team ?

thanks and regards,

Cedric.

伟民
Associate II

Hello,

Dear Cedric,

Thank you very much for your continuous reply�?

​It's a great honor to have the support of your team!

best regards,

伟民 

​The following is my contact information:

785463252@qq.com

xiangweimin@deyahuaxing.com

+86 17375789331

R&D Center

湖�?�德雅�?�兴科技研究中心有�?公�?�

Hunan deya huaxing science and technology research center co. LTD

湖�?��?长沙市开�?区陡岭路凯�?微谷A栋8楼

Building A, No.8,kaile weigu, douling road, KaiFu District, ChangSha City, HuNan Province