cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32l4xx-Sensortile firmware gets stuck at if (BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_Init) assume it isn't reading ICs I am working with a STEVAL-STLKT01V1 soldered, the ble_sampleapp work fine as do the other examples, I am wondering if this is the correct firmware?

AMell.1
Associate III

This perplexes me because when I ran this yesterday It functioned fine no changes, if i comment this section out the sensortile is connectable, however obviously all ICs are non communicable, I am extremely new to ST having previously used TI (although used the LSM9DS1 for a number of years) .

I am creating a motion tracking watch that is based on the sensortile, however it will save motion data to a MX25L32 instead of the SD card example and will bulk upload this at the end of the day while charging, I work for start up researching Parkinsons disease and would appreciate some help, many thanks.

Also where do you manufacture you sensortiles, as I'm having trouble finding PCB manufacturers who will create 0.4mm pitch BGA, as well as the vias required for this to function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AMell.1
Associate III

if anyone has this problem in the future it is because the CS was high on the mag init when resetting so it wasnt being setup properly

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AMell.1
Associate III

/* Magneto */

// if(BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_Init(MAGNETO_INSTANCE, MOTION_MAGNETO)==BSP_ERROR_NONE){

//  ALLMEMS1_PRINTF("\tOK Magneto Sensor\n\r");

// } else {

//  ALLMEMS1_PRINTF("\tError Magneto Sensor\n\r");

//  while(1);

// }

commenting the above mag section out and it functions fine...

AMell.1
Associate III

however obviously there is no mag

AMell.1
Associate III

working on it today, attempting to figure out the reason for the mag not functioning, was thinking it was hardware related, then on another debug, the code gets stuck now

AMell.1
Associate III

/* Accelero & Gyro */

if (BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_Init(ACCELERO_INSTANCE, MOTION_ACCELERO | MOTION_GYRO)==BSP_ERROR_NONE){

setting up the accelerometer, having changed nothing on the codebase other than commenting out the mag, any ideas, solderconnections all in order.

AMell.1
Associate III

I have bought another sensortile to put in the bm20 connector rather than solder incase this is the issue, i doubt it though as the connections look good, although any help would be appreciated at this point...

Hi @AMell.1​ , please note that the LSM303AGR sensor is an ultra-compact high-performance eCompass module composed by an ultra-low power 3D accelerometer and 3D magnetometer, so the magnetometer is there on the SensorTile board.

You should surely check the soldering connection, but I would suggest you to start testing your firmware plugging the STLCS01V1 board on the STLCX01V1 board before soldering it on the STLCR01V1 board. Did you get any valuable results on your second Sensortile? Regards

Ps: I work for start up researching Parkinsons disease and would appreciate some help, many thanks. A very appreciable application, indeed!

AMell.1
Associate III

Indeed it was my home soldering, my home soldering iron has a somewhat ancient head not suited to the task, thank you for the reply though, much appreciated!

AMell.1
Associate III

0693W000000WS8bQAG.png0693W000000WS8MQAW.jpgso rather confusingly it was not actually my home soldering, the newly purchased senortile also not has this problem on the stlcx01v1 cradle, having changed nothing on the firmware, this is starting to worry me as ive spent alot of time creating a custom board to run this firmware on.. STM32L4xx- sensortile firmware works on the initial debug but then changing nothing after a few times the above stopping point occurs, have you seen this error before?

AMell.1
Associate III

if anyone has this problem in the future it is because the CS was high on the mag init when resetting so it wasnt being setup properly