Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 with ETM TRACE

ranran
Senior II

Hello,

Is there anyone who worked with TRACE ?

I use j-trace with stm32h743 and IAR.

1. On testing the trace with SEGGER cortex-m reference board (stm32h7407, which comes with the j-trace product) and IAR, the functionality works great.
  2. I then moved to stm32h743 eval board. Using CN8 (ETM Trace connector) , I get no complaints from IAR on triggering ETM in the "ETM function trace" window , yet the windows is always empty, and also "ETM trace settings", window is disabled except for "trace buffer size". In the functional reference board, this window is not disabled.

I expected it to work without issues, because after reset and jumping to main the trace pins should be configured by default to " trace" functionality.

But even after trying to configure pins(PE2-PE5 according to schematics of stm32h743I MB1246B) in main() start after HAL_init pins , the results are still the same (pinmux configarion here : https://pastebin.pl/view/ffea4eaa )

3. the last thing I've tried is using segger's ozone application , as this is the application that is provided in segger's tutorial for j-trace. Yet, the "instruction trace" window in that application is empty with stm32h743 eval board.

Thank you for any feedback,

Ran

1 REPLY 1
josepaul123
Associate

Did you get anywhere with this Ran?

Thanks

-Jose