cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which programmer do I use?

CTayl.2
Associate

I have a STEVAL-SMARTAG1 eval board. The documents say to use an ST-Link/V2, but the ST-Link/V3 product page says that it's now the only supported programmer. So...which one should I get?! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

you can use ST-LINK/V2 (~21$), STLINK-V3SET (~34$), or the onboard ST-Link from a Nucleo board (~14$ for a Nucleo-L476RG).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

if I am not wrong, ST-LINK/V2 is still in active status and available from distributors. If you have some Nucleo-64 boards, you can directly connect the STEVAL-SMARTAG1 to the onboard Nucleo STLink (see UM2427).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Will the ST-Link/V3 work with the STEVAL-SMARTAG1? I'd rather get the latest programmer (so I can use it for other projects), if it'll work.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

you can use ST-LINK/V2 (~21$), STLINK-V3SET (~34$), or the onboard ST-Link from a Nucleo board (~14$ for a Nucleo-L476RG).

Rgds

BT