Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: 'OSWrappers' has not been declared

lsoon
Associate

Hi everyone,

STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0

32F746-Dicovery

In the above environment, I chose TouchGFX as an additional software and added graphics.

And I created a simple GUI for testing by opening the file in the created TouchGFX directory.

And when compiling, the following error appeared.

../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp:35:32: error: 'OSWrappers' has not been declared

registerTaskDelayFunction(&OSWrappers::taskDelay);

^~~~~~~~~~

make: *** [TouchGFX/target/generated/subdir.mk:28: TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

​Is there any way to solve it?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Finished my tests. .ioc file definitely says STM32CubeIDE as expected - Great!

ProjectManager.PreviousToolchain=
ProjectManager.ProjectBuild=false
ProjectManager.ProjectFileName=746gtest.ioc
ProjectManager.ProjectName=746gtest
ProjectManager.StackSize=0x400
ProjectManager.TargetToolchain=STM32CubeIDE
ProjectManager.ToolChainLocation=
ProjectManager.UnderRoot=true
ProjectManager.functionlistsort=
  • Add TouchGFX from Additional Software in CubeMX and generate code. Failures in compilation due to missing TouchGFX bootstrap.
  • Open the .part file in TouchGFX designer and generate code. Here's part of what happened to the .cproject file (include paths).
✔ ~/STM32CubeIDE/workspace/746gtest2 [master L|✚ 1…15]
21:47 $ git diff
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/target/generated"/>                  
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Drivers/CMSIS/Include"/>                      
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F7xx/Include"/>  
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Core/Inc"/>                                   
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc"/>           
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/App"/>                               
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Drivers/STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy"/>    
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/target"/>                            
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/framework/include"/>  
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/generated/fonts/include"/>           
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/generated/gui_generated/include"/>   
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/generated/images/include"/>          
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/generated/texts/include"/>           
+                  <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="../TouchGFX/gui/include"/>

Compiling OSWrappers.cpp without issues - Remember to press F5 on your CubeIDE project to reload changes to .cproject file! Classic eclipse. Once you do, TouchGFX will appear in the "Middlewares" folder.

make -j8 all 
arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/generated/OSWrappers.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu++14 -g3 ....
arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp" -mcpu=cortex-m7 -std=gnu++14 ...
arm-none-eabi-g++ "../TouchGFX/target/generated/TouchGFXGeneratedHAL.cpp" -

And finally we're done:

Finished building target: 746gtest.elf

arm-none-eabi-size   746gtest.elf 
arm-none-eabi-objdump -h -S  746gtest.elf  > "746gtest.list"
arm-none-eabi-objcopy  -O binary  746gtest.elf  "746gtest.bin"
   text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
  94822	   2316	   3248	 100386	  18822	746gtest.elf
Finished building: default.size.stdout

Finished building: 746gtest.bin

Finished building: 746gtest.list

22:11:55 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 14s.423ms)

Going to bed so i won't see answers until tomorrow. Good night! 😉

/Martin

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Sounds like OSWrappers was not generated or was deleted somehow. Can you try generating again from CubeIDE?

/Martin

Woula
Associate II

Hi,

Did you find a solution for that problem, i got the same. I'm trying to create a TGFX application from CubeIDE. But this error halted me. And i don't know how to solve it.

Thanks!

Which version of CubeIDE? I will try to do some tests.

PMich.1
Associate II

4 months later - the same problem - tGFX 4.14, CubeIDE in the latest version

Solution:

for c and c++ add "TouchGFX/touchgfx/framework/include" as include path

then another error -> solution: add "TouchGFX/generated/texts/include" as include path

another error -> exclude from build - simulator directory

next error (no fonts/ApplicationFontProvider.hpp) -> solution: add "TouchGFX/generated/fonts/include" as include path

next error (no gui/common/FrontEndHeap.hpp) -> solution: add "TouchGFX/gui/include" as include path

next errors - with screens -> solution: add "TouchGFX/generated/gui_generated/include" as include path

next error - with SDL2 include - exclude from build "TouchGFX/touchgfx/framework/include/platform/hal/simulator"

next - add "TouchGFX/generated/images/include" as include path

next - exclude SDL2TouchController.cpp

next - exclude TouchGFX/generated/simulator

next - exclude TouchGFX/simulator

next - exclude TouchGFX/touchgfx/os/OSWrappers.cpp

next - exclude TouchGFX/touchgfx/os/OSWrappers_cmsis.cpp

next- add "TouchGFX/touchGFX/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc/" as library path

next - add ":libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a" as library

finally compile simple application =)

So - as summary -> after generating project in CubeIDE and then after selecting tGFX from cubeMX perspective (which is example way from documentation) there is no paths configurations added to project :\

BTW -> right we can't download tGFX 4.14 from site :\ site stays always on "login" step with download button

​Hi,

Sounds to me like you might not have pressed "Generate code" from the designer. It should insert all the include paths you need, and generate the files required (and also exclude the simulator folder - Eclipse project cpp settings will include every cpp file in the project because of the defined pattern).

I'll look into the download issue.

/Martin

TGFX code is generated - but there is no change in eclipse project in terms of paths/includes etc.

Can you confirm that after generating project (for STM32F7 discovery) from CubeIDE everything is fine on your setup? because there is also quite new topic with the same issue: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000000UXIm/error-message-saying-oswrappershpp-dose-not-exist-what-to-do?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0053W000001TnJA&emtm=1598350984400&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0

PMich.1
Associate II

Ok - so can someone from ST confirm this issue or we need to wait another 4months?

Since you asked so nicely, i'll get off the couch and verify this right now.

/Martin