cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry about NFC reader/writer (CR95HF)

HPark.2
Associate

Hi !

I have a question about CR95HF. This module supports reader/writer.

I want to make 2 devices including CR95HF module to communicate each other.

I know that this module does not support peer to peer (P2P) feature.

Is it possible to send NDEF messages of one device to other device with this module ?

If not, could you please introduce other solutions for that ?

Thanks,

Hansung

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Hansung,

ST25DV-I2C dynamic tag provides:

• an I2C interface with an MCU
  • a fast mailbox that can be use to exchange bi-directional messages between the MCU and a reader such as the ST25R95.

Overview:

MCU <--- I2C ---> ST25DV (Mailbox) <--- NFC RF Interface---> ST25R95<--SPI-->MCU

The ST25DV-DISCOVERY provides a demo of such bi-directional communication that can be used with the ST25 NFC Tap App running on a Android phone.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you describe more precisely your application? My guess is that you would like to be able to have NFC communications between 2 MCUs. If my guess is correct, I would recommend one of the following solutions:

1. use ST25R95/CR95HF on one device and ST25DV-I2C dynamic tag on the second device. You can then easily communicate through the ST25DV-I2C mailbox in fast transfert mode.
  2. use ST25R3911B or ST25R3916 on both device and communicate in AP2P mode.

Solution #1 would be the most cost efficient. The firmware package for ST25R95/CR95HF (X-NUCLEO-NFC3) supports ST25DV-I2C mailbox read write RF commands. ST25DV-DISCOVERY provides a ready to use example of mailbox on ST25DV-I2C.

I would not recommend to use communication between 2 ST25R95.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
HPark.2
Associate

Brian. Thanks for your answers.

Yes, you're exactly right. I have a question about solution #1.

In this case, is it possible to communicate each other ? If it's one-way communication, it's not suitable for our project.

Could you please check it again ?

Thanks,

Hansung

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Hansung,

ST25DV-I2C dynamic tag provides:

• an I2C interface with an MCU
  • a fast mailbox that can be use to exchange bi-directional messages between the MCU and a reader such as the ST25R95.

Overview:

MCU <--- I2C ---> ST25DV (Mailbox) <--- NFC RF Interface---> ST25R95<--SPI-->MCU

The ST25DV-DISCOVERY provides a demo of such bi-directional communication that can be used with the ST25 NFC Tap App running on a Android phone.

Rgds

BT