cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 5.6.0 (latest) Code Generation Freezes

SidBr
Associate II

I'm trying to generate the code on the STM32F407G-DISC1 evaluation board for the TrueStudio project environment.

The code generation just freezes.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm running on Windows 7 Pro, 64 b0693W000000VReZQAW.pngit

I've tried different combinations of projects and processors but the result is the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SidBr​ ,

Please check if your project path location contains special character as "#" or "&".

Then, please keep us informed about your progress.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SidBr​ ,

Please check if your project path location contains special character as "#" or "&".

Then, please keep us informed about your progress.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks @Imen DAHMEN​ 

This was the problem.

Since I started working from home, the IT department gave me a laptop where the User account was “R&D�?, which appeared in the STM32CubeMX repository path.

I created a new admin user not containing an '&', and it now works.

This has solved most of my other issues.

I already reported highlighted this issue internally to CubeMx team for analysis.

Best Regards,

Imen

Thanks
Imen
sschu.236
Associate II

Hello, I have the same thing when I had upgrade the system windows 10 (1093 -> 1909). And it's the same even when I try to generate for stm32cubeide

Hi @sschu.236​ ,

Have you managed to fix it?

Take a look in the 'Project Manager' options and check to see what the path of the 'Repository' is.

'&' and '#' breaks the code generation.

Hello, I looked the path, i don't have any special caracters. My path is like that:

0693W000000VdRIQA0.png

Hello, I resolved the issue. My work folder contained effectively a special character. I changed the work folder's name and all is OK. Thank you for your suggestion. 👌

Jim Frederick_2
Associate III

I see this frequently, randomly, roughly 2 out of 10 times, on several projects. The associated paths have no special characters other than a space. My solution is to kill the process with the Windows process manager and try again. The odds are in my favor!