cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a drawing and or pin mapping for the SPC58XXADPT176S?

RLewi.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have already purchased the adapter. Why do I need to contact sales to get technical information?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contact your local sales representative....

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I have already purchased the adapter. Why do I need to contact sales to get technical information?

Because you want information you don't have, and that aren't placed in the public domain, that's why..

It is usually code for you needing to have an NDA or license in place for them to disclose the technical info / trade secrets.

Standard operating procedure, places like SiLabs, Broadcom, Marvell etc often only allow viewing via a secure portal with no ability to print or hardcopy materials, and limited to specific named individuals.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I too need this information. So what you're saying is that they're willing for me to spend $1,500 of my money, but won't provide the instruction manual?

I need to know how to power the board: there's a terminal block with three voltages (1.25V, 3.3V and 5V), which means that there's a right way and a wrong way for those voltages to come up, or else the magic smoke will come out.

There are a number of jumpers, which have silkscreen labels. But how can I choose between e.g. ESRO vs EVTO, or PB10 vs VDD_LV, without a manual?

I have little problem with the innards of the chip being kept secret. But if they make a board publicly available, the instruction manual is required. I don't care if it says "This jumper switches between PB10 and VDD" without describing what PB10 does: but if it goes on to say "Ensure that J6 (IO_MAIN) is changed to 2-3 before selecting VDD_LV" then that's the sort of information that would be useful to have.