cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi is not connecting with the board B-L475E-IOT01A.

JC.1
Associate

Hello Team,

i have flashed B-L475E-IOT01A-WiFi-Bridge-S2LP binary into the B-L475E-IOT01A board and then it asked to enter the input ssid , password and security type. i given all correct value but we are getting the response like "Given SSID not Found" and netscan (F0 AT Command) also we are getting the empty response with OK value. but network is available.

Kindly provide your suggestion to resolve the issue.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
PPELT.1
Associate

Hi everybody,

I have a similar problem even with my board B-L475E-IOT01A2. If I run a network scan it detects the wifi ssid.

I have also the last recommended Inventek eS-WiFi ISM43362-M3G-L44-SPI C3.5.2.5.STM firmware.

Please find hereafter the script running compiled with Eclipse System Workbench for STM32:

***  STM32 IoT Discovery kit for

***   STM32F413/STM32F769/STM32L475/STM32L496 MCU

***  X-CUBE-GCP Cloud Connectivity Demonstration

***  FW version 1.0.0 - 14-September-2018 05:18:45 PM

*** Board personalization ***

*** WIFI connection ***

Push the User button (Blue) within the next 5 seconds if you want to update the WiFi network configuration.

Initializing the WiFi module

Module initialized successfully: Inventek eS-WiFi ISM43362-M3G-L44-SPI C3.5.2.5.STM

Retrieving the WiFi module MAC address: c4:7f:51:04:34:c5

Connecting to AP: aruba Attempt 1/3 ...

Connecting to AP: aruba Attempt 2/3 ...

Connecting to AP: aruba Attempt 3/3 ...

Failed to connect to AP aruba

Error retrieving IP address!

If somebody could help us it will be very nice.

Php

Guillaume K
ST Employee

hello ,

do you know if your WiFi access point uses a WiFi channel higher than 11 ? something like channel 12, 13 ?

By default the Inventek module is configured for US channel range (1-11).

It is possible to configure the Inventek WiFi module for other countries with AT command (example: "CN=FR/0").

But if you can change your WiFi access point channel number to something in range 1-11 it may be easier.

PPELT.1
Associate

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your answer but I don't think the problem is there.

After further investigation with Inventek support team, the problem is a firmware bug and there is no fix from now.

"Sorry but we do not have a fix for this bug.

The only options at this time are for you to use the AD command or to switch UART."

The problem is that none of the 2 proposals are useful because the ST board B-L475E-IOT01A2 don't talk to Inventek windows software and has no UART configured.

My wish is to find the initial firmware that was installed when I purchased this ST board, but I didn't find it anywhere.

I have tested unsuccessfully all those available from Inventek downloads.

If you have an idea it will be useful for me to complete my initial project.

Best regards,

Php