cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate code after update or modify design with TouchGFX.

vincent.philippe
Associate II

Hi Martin,

I develop one application with touchGFX 4.13 and Keil for dedicated board based F429 (like EvalBoard).

Sometime, it 's seem that when I modify (suppress one text area or change the name ID etc..) my design screen with TouchGFX, I press "Generate Code" button, the status bar display "done" , but the generated code file.cpp is not updated. I don't know exactly when this update is not done ( on which criteria) ...

What I miss about this point?

Thks & rgds.

Philippe

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

That should never happen. I think you'll have to be more systematic in showing me this scenario, using screenshots, git, etc.

/Martin

Hi Martin,
Thanks a lot for this quick reply !
I’ve worked around this problem and maybe I find one clue…
In fact , Keil is open with the C++ project in the during time that TouchGFX project.
The generated files are flagged in read-only :
[cid:image002.png@01D60834.65011660]
(But in my opinion is not really the problem , because the .hpp file is not in read-only…)
1/ In touchGFX , I suppress one object for example one TEXT AREA,
2/ Generate code
3/ I switch to Keil (already open)
4/ TextKeysAndLanguages.hpp updated OK BUT
Startupscreenview.cpp and .hpp NOT !
So Build error because in my case the enum “T_SINGLEUSEID13�? doesn’t exist anymore in :
boardConfigDEB.setTypedText(touchgfx::TypedText(T_SINGLEUSEID13));
5/ Close Keil project,
6/ Just a “little touch�? in my touch project (for example update the Text in one TEXT AREA.
7 Generate code
8/ Re-open the project KEIL
9/ All is now OK the files are updated.
Rgds
Philippe

is there anything in your designer log that indicates that files could not be updated because an outside program was locking them? This usually isn't a problem even with IDEs open.

Any updates from you on this?

vincent.philippe
Associate II

​Hi Martin , Not really update about this problem.. I work with it.... Workaround --> I close KEIL when I Generate the TouchGFX code :( .

And in you side, do you try it ?

Philippe