Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to start GDB server

Eng.Kourosh
Associate II

hi guys

could you help me to fix this problem ?

i can programming my program with STM32 ST-LINK Utility and its worked but when i use Run OR Debug in stm32cubeide it does problem

my board and my programmer is in the attechments

19 REPLIES 19
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Have you imported the project from other OS (Windows vs Linux) and use existing debug configuration?

If so, delete the debug configuration and create new one.

-- pa

Eng.Kourosh
Associate II

thanks for response,

no i didnt

i have same problem with cubemx when i generate code for keil it has problem i search about that and i noticed that we should install jdk 8 but i have android studio with jkd version 13 and i cannt delete it possible this problems beacuse of jdk version???

Java versions is a different problem. The debugger engine (iether OpenOCD or gdb server) do not use Java.

If you have Keil, the debugger is different there and may work much better.

-- pa

I tired of stm32cubeide it does error gdb server

I can program with keil and its work on my board but it has problem too, when i want to program or debug it take error "Not a genuine ST Device! Abort connection"

Also I upgrade firmware st link

sgran.1
Associate III

I have this error too(( IDE #1.3.0 for macOS

sgran.1
Associate III

Добрый день, Павел. С �?той ошибкой иногда �?талкиваю�?ь - непред�?казуемо - в проце�?�?е работы. Пока вывод - не оригинальные Сви�?тки �? �?лиек�?пре�?�?, к�?тати за 2 недели внезапно умерли 2 штуки((( - они давали большую ча�?ть ошибок . По�?тавил оригинальный st-link2 == 2 дн�? полет нормальный. Один умерший Сви�?ток �?ам переделал дл�? отладки (вывел �? него на те�?тируемую плату линии SWO + RST, необходимо�?ть RST в данном варианте отладки SWV так и не пон�?л - работает и �?ни и без, вкл. программный ре�?ет)

can you speak english?i cannt understand what did you say

sgran.1
Associate III

You can try Google Translate, I am using too - I dont speak English - all forumes translate Google ))

sgran.1
Associate III

�?нглий�?ки�? �?зык не един�?твенный в мире)) Гугл предо�?тавил нам прекра�?�?ную возможно�?ть на уровне Э�?перанто))