cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CPP Exceptions in touchgfx application

STang.1
Associate II

Hi,

Our embedded application heavily uses CPP exceptions. CPP exception support is enabled in IAR under Options -> cpp options -> Enable exceptions . I am trying to integrate the touchgfx library with our embedded application based on STM32H743I MCU. Based on touchgfx article my understanding is that touchgfx library is created with compiler option -fno-exceptions i.e.without exception support. IAR linker generates an error for this

Error[Li009]: runtime model conflict: Module Application.o(touchgfx_core_release.a) specifies that '__CPP_Exceptions' must be  'Disabled', but module Ads1256.o has the value 'Used' .

Is there a variant of touchgfx library created without compiler option -fno-exceptions. This will allow us to link the touchgfx lib with our embedded application and keep using the cpp exceptions.

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206116381-Using-other-IDEs-with-TouchGFX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III
9 REPLIES 9
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @STang.1​,

There is no such variant, but i could be persuaded to create one for you

/Martin

STang.1
Associate II

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I thought this would be a common requirement for others as well. For me this is a deciding factor between emWin and TouchGFX. I have a big list of pros for TouchGFX, but not being able to use CPP exceptions is something that will not pass the software architecture review. Can you please consider creating a variant with CPP exceptions enabled? We are okay if touchgfx does not catch exceptions thrown by application, we can work around that.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

It's no problem : ) It's good to have these types of inputs and it's probably the first time someone has asked for it, actually. It's on my list now and i'll update this thread.

/Martin

STang.1
Associate II

Hi Martin,

Any update on this?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Sincerest apologies! I created the lib but forgot to update this thread! -_-

http://sw-center-st-com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/touchgfx/TouchGFX/Community/libs/touchgfx_core_release.a

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

It's created with EWARM 8.42,1 - TouchGFX Version 4.13.0.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Just update this thread or PM me directly when you can verify the library. Thanks!

STang.1
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thanks for the library. I can confirm that I am successfully able to link the new touchgfx lib with my application with cpp exceptions enabled.

Do you plan to include this variant of the library in future touchgfx release?

Regards,

Snehal

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

That's great! About including it - There are a lot of different permutations of libraries for various compilers - I think we'll have to discuss this internally. But if it's something people use a lot then definitely.

/Martin