cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STM32CubeIDE is no longer building my project after I change the path. How do I fix this?

STode.1
Associate

I change the path of my current project which now includes some Japanese characters and I can no longer build my project. It fails at the linker giving the error that is no path to the linker script. And the path is shows replaces the Japanese with ?????. How do I get the IDE to no change the path to ????.

I think it has to do with the IDE not reading the path as UTF-8 but probably as ASCII. Can someone help me set this up correctly?

I can fix this by moving the project to a new path on my PC that doesn't have Japanese but the main path is in a cloud storage device and I can't change its path. I don't want to copy my project in and out every time I want to build it or any other project.

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

That issue occurs quite often and I don't think that the IDE can solve that.

You may try to circumvent that situation by using functions of your OS like setting a link in the file system. Under Windows you may still use the good old MSDOS subst and assign a path to an new, unused drive letter:

subst V: "C:\ my värry cömpilcätüdd \ patß \ name"