cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use absolute encoders/resolvers with the Motor Control SDK?

Leonelf
Associate II

The Workbench can only generate code for sensorless or quadrature/hall sensors. Can the controller be fed with position values (received via SPI for example) or is this not intended?

My particular usecase is: The motor to be used has a BISS encoder and is intended to be driven slowly, but precisely. hence it would make sense to use the BISS encoder.

9 REPLIES 9
Claire O.
ST Employee

Hello Leonlf,

Yes adding resolvers is part of our roadmap.

Thanks and best regards,

Claire

The sdk datasheet implies user-made encoder code. As the quadrature encoder code is _weak attributed, can I just override the getPosition methods?

Would the delay disturb the controller?​

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Leonelf​ 

Do you have still this problem to solve?

And just in case, if not, do not hesitate to share the final solution you found.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

​has there been an update as to when it will be implemented?

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear  @Leonelf​ 

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- (HW and SW, CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)?

And more especially did you use MC tools (such as MC_suite, MC-Motor Profile, MC-SDK, MC-workbench, and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Leonelf​ 

Any news?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Leonelf​ 

As you do not answer, I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this thread closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

mrandr
Associate

@Laurent Ca...​ 

I'm looking into the same use case for an absolutt biss encoder as @Leonelf​ . Do you have any updates regarding an "absolutt encoder implementation" in the STM firmware?

thanks

mr. andy

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @mrandr​ 

It is a rather old question.

Please open a new one in adding reference to this one.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...