cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Standard DSP library for STM32F030R8 ,which uses a Cortex M0 ? Where can I download it?

LLily.1
Associate II

I transplanted the general FFT algorithm ,but it took a lot of time for the CPU to run .I wonder if I can save time by using a Standard DSP library.

5 REPLIES 5
Ozone
Lead

I never tried a DSP lib specifically for the M0, but I'm sure there is a package for the F0 family.

I got those for F10x, F3 and F4, and all of them contain code for M0 cores.

Check the ST software download section for the F030R8, there should even be a SPL-based package. Otherwise, a Cube based.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Here is STSW-STM32048 STM32F0xx standard peripherals library and there is no DSP feature for Cortex-M0. You can download and use the DSP library for any of the STM32F3/F4. You should update and add code in your project.

Within STM32CubeF0 firmware package, the files are in STM32Cube_FW_F0_V...\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP. Just ensure that your project has "Include Paths" set up properly in ../CMSIS/DSP/Include.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you very much.But,there is still something wrong.I downloaded the cube ide, and installed it.

I'm using the ARM CMSIS DSP libraries(libarm_cortexM0l_math.a), one of the functions I'm using is arm_rfft_q15. 

Build error: undefined reference to `arm_bitreversal_16'.The function that it is referring to is an assembly function found in the file arm_bitreversal2.s and I have made sure that file is in the source file.

Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated.

Best Regards.

Hi,

In STM32CubeIDE, I downloaded STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0, but there is something wrong.

I'm using libarm_cortexM0l_math, the file is in STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Lib\GCC, one of the functions I'm using is arm_rfft_q15. 

Build error: undefined reference to `arm_bitreversal_16'.The function that it is referring to is an assembly function found in the file arm_bitreversal2.s and I have made sure that file is in the source file.

I have added .h files which are in STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP\Include and the source files which are in STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP\Source to my project .

Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated.

Best regards.

Which seems a duplicate of you qestion here: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W0000055YqzSAE/cmsis-fft-problem-in-stm32cubeide

As said, check the arm_bitreversal2.s source file.

Not doing much in assembly, but GCC, Keil and IAR assembly syntax is not fully compatible.

CubeIDE is supposedly GCC.