cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change OpenST Linux version in STM32CubeMX

AApol.3
Associate

We are using developBoard by Emcraft with STM32MP157A.

Emcraft release board with Openstlinux 4.14.

If I want change devicetree of STM32MP1 i need use STM32CubeMX to export new devicetree.

If i go in STM32CubeMX-->Project Manager-> Project OpenSTLinux setting, I CAN’T CHANGE version of STLinux.

Is it possible to change this setting?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AApol.3 , @casparfriedrich ,

You have to use the version of CubeMX corresponding to your ecosystem. 

Please refer to release note in wiki . eg for Kernel 5.15 it's ecosystem V4.1 STM32 MPU ecosystem release note - stm32mpu-ecosystem-v4 

STM32CubeMX-v6.7.0 might be used. 

openstlinux-20-02-19 correspond to ecosystem V1.0 ( deprecated and not recommanded !!) and require CubeMX5.6 for compatible manifests  

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @AApol.3​ 

Kernel 4.14 is not supported by ST ecosystem but only by Emcraft.

I invite you to contact Emcraft for further support about tools and ecosystem addressing their SOM product.

BR,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your answer.

we are contatting Emcraft, but if we want use STM32cubeMX to change devicestree of openstlinux-20-02-19, we can not change manifest or Linux version? If we want use old manifest or old Linux version, how we can change theese settings?

Best regards

casparfriedrich
Associate

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I want to use the LTS-Version 5.15 but the "Manifest Version" says "openstlinux-6.1-yocto-mickledore-mp1-v23.06.21". My STM32CubeMX version is 6.9.2 on Linux/Windows and all software packages regarding STM32MP1 are installed.

Best regards

Caspar

Hi @AApol.3 , @casparfriedrich ,

You have to use the version of CubeMX corresponding to your ecosystem. 

Please refer to release note in wiki . eg for Kernel 5.15 it's ecosystem V4.1 STM32 MPU ecosystem release note - stm32mpu-ecosystem-v4 

STM32CubeMX-v6.7.0 might be used. 

openstlinux-20-02-19 correspond to ecosystem V1.0 ( deprecated and not recommanded !!) and require CubeMX5.6 for compatible manifests  

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN

Okay, I do get that right, that the solution is to roll back CubeMX? I'll try that later, thanks.