cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some general info on the SensorTile.box (TileBox) required

TJM
Senior

So, i can operate the sensor box, install the updates a couple different ways and generally get it to work. But, the TileBox has three switches on board, none of which are accessible from the outside without adding some holes to the case. The TileBox appears to go to sleep after a while and there's no way to wake it up, at least none that we know. The recommendation is to unplug the USB and the battery for a reset but this negates the use of the case unless you carry a screwdriver along with the unit. Even so, it appears to take a while for the TileBox to reset and operate normally. Example: Right now my TileBox has been on my desk connected to both the battery and USB for the entire night untouched for almost 12 hours. There is no activity indicated on the board, no connections can be made and not showing up in the USB list. Unplug both connections and re-plug with no effect. Unplug the USB, leave the battery connected and press the ON button with no change. Re-plug any combination of power and press of any switch has no effect. Leave unplugged for some unspecified amount of time before the TileBox returns to life.

I understand it's an eval board but is it my imagination or is this thing somewhat unreliable?

Thanks,

tjm

5 REPLIES 5
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hello tjm, thank you for the bug / improvement report. If the charging red led doesn't blink when the board is plugged to the PC via USB cable, this is because the battery is already charged. However, it is a good practice to reset the board when leds are not blinking.

I have to tell you that are working on a rev 2.0 layout both for the case and the pcb, but will not be available soon. Please note that ST is generally not an end-user application vendor (maybe with the exception of the highway Telepass, in Italy).

Regards

TJM
Senior

Understood, and thanks for the reply.

TJM
Senior

Eleon, my app tells me there is a firmware update, sensortile.box_v335.bin. Is there a link or location that I can download the file so I can use it with the ST-LINK_v2 and Cube Programmer?

thanks,

tjm

Hi @TJM​ , you are right, the FW is now available for the cloud downloading. I however believe it is the same code I shared to you some days ago... Regards

TJM
Senior

Thanks, Eleon.

I have the v3.3.4 but not the v3.3.5 .

Tony